ITDP seeks an Energy and Electric Vehicles Technology Associate to help implement sustainable transportation principles, best practices, and project examples throughout Indonesia. Our Indonesia office is fast-paced and ambitious, with projects in Jakarta and projects starting or in development in nine other cities around the country.
In the energy and electric vehicles program, we support national and provincial governments and agencies, transit agencies, and the private sector on a wide range of consulting projects involving public electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructures, battery storage systems, fleet electrification, transport decarbonization studies, equity analysis, and policy analysis. We are looking for exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who have experience and interest in the field of clean energy and sustainable transportation, preferably across several modes and breadth of the subject matter.
The candidate will work closely with senior staff to perform policy research, qualitative and quantitative market research, evaluation, and other technical assistance related to electric mobility. The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, motivated, and capable of creative problem-solving and independent work. The candidate should also have working knowledge across topics such as distributed energy sources, sustainable transportation planning, and electric mobility deployment. The successful candidate is able to work collaboratively, can manage assigned tasks and projects from start to finish with input from supervisors, and has strong written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Deliver projects that expand and increase the availability of EV charging infrastructure and networks, to increase the adoption of light-, medium-, and heavy-duty electric vehicles.
- Analyze the impacts on electricity demand and load for different EVs adoption and charging network scenarios.
- Analyze best practices to promote the deployment of electric mobility, critically assessing the role of regulations, incentives, and charging infrastructure.
- Collect data and maintain databases on EV technology, battery technology, including charging infrastructure technology data and information.
- Analyze renewable energy potential penetration/share to supply the electricity demand from the deployment of EVs.
- Quantify energy savings, emission reductions, and cost implications of EV adoption.
- Analyze EV charging infrastructure-related issues.
- Help facilitate policy and technical exchanges for policymakers.
- Support the Southeast Asia Director in close collaboration with principals to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables to clients.
- Conduct surveys, interviews, and quantitative analyses, focused on technical, policy, and/or financial implications of EVs, charging stations, and clean transportation technologies.
- Conduct research and analysis across a range of EV pilot projects, programs, and policies.
- Manage the work of project teams as assigned, monitoring project schedules, budgets, and scopes against the plan.
- Master Degree or M.Sc. (or Bachelor of Science/Engineering degree, with 2-4 years relevant experience) in electrical engineering, science, transportation, renewable energy, other engineering, or related fields.
- Understanding of—or the ability to quickly come up to speed on—concepts related to clean energy, EVs, charging stations, fleets, and sustainable transportation planning. This includes developing a basic understanding of relevant concepts in the energy industry including renewables, grid impacts, and energy cost management.
- Excellent demonstrated skills in data collection, research, analytical methods, and drawing conclusions from analytical research.
- Excellent writing, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal, plus reading and writing proficiency in a second language strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- The ability to manage deadlines across multiple simultaneous projects.
- A strong network of transportation or clean energy professionals.
- Project management and budget management experience.
- Strong quantitative and analytics skills with advanced proficiency for modeling and analysis in multiple software tools such as Excel, database software, PowerBI, GIS, R, Stata, and other relevant tools
- Candidates must be eligible to live in or will relocate to Jakarta.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Energy and EV Technology Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
The application is closed on 31st March 2021.
Salary will be commensurate with expertise and experience.